At Olive Tree Study Support, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to ensure that your personal information is treated lawfully and correctly. The lawful and correct treatment of personal information is extremely important in maintaining the confidence between ourselves as an institution and you as a valued parent at our School. This policy sets out the basis on which the School shall process any personal data. Olive Tree Study Support is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. We collect and use personal information about staff, pupils, parents and other individuals who come into contact with our institution. This is so that we can determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data we possess related to our students and their families is to be processed.
By law, we are required to hold data of each child as follows:
● Child’s full name
● Child’s date of birth
● Child’s address and contact details
● Parent(s)/Carer(s) addresses (if different) and contact details including a current phone number and email address
● Who has parental responsibility
● Emergency contact details; that of other than parent(s)/carer(s)
● Allergies/dietary requirement information
● Any other special requirements, including medical history details/medical plans
● Alternative pick up details – names of people other than yourselves who may collect your child
● Doctors name, address and contact number
● Assessment and attainment information
● Attendance information
● Existing medical conditions/injuries
The majority of this information is mandatory and included as part of the application you make prior to your child’s enrolment at Olive Tree Study Support. When collecting data, we will always
notify you whether you are required to provide this data or if consent is required. When consent is required, Olive Tree Study Support will provide you with accurate and specific information with
regards to the reasons the data is being collected and how it will be used.
Personal data shall be:
● Processed in full accordance of the law in a fair and transparent manner
● Collected only for specified explicit and legitimate purposes
● Accurately recorded and up-to-date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that any inaccurate personal information are erased or rectified without delay
The collected data is used for the following reasons:
● To keep your child safe
● To monitor and report your child’s progress
● For emergency uses: such as contact with parent(s)/carer(s)/doctor in the event of a medical emergency.
● To abide by the law with regards to data sharing
● To assess the quality of our services
● For fee payment purposes
We do not share your personal data with third parties. However, there may be occasions where we may be obligated to share information with third parties, such as:
● Health visitors
● Authorities which may be involved in emergency events such as doctors or any other emergency services
● Situations where there are safeguarding concerns that need referring to the relevant child protection agencies
How is data stored?
We store your personal data on our SMS (School Management Software) system. This is a database which is used to store the details you provide to us when completing your child’s enrolment process, such as: contact details, addresses, your child’s date of birth, and medical information. E-mail addresses are also stored for communication purposes. We also store your information in paper format (application forms). Furthermore, we store data such as your personal email address and bank details on our secure Stripe database, this is strictly confidential and for the purpose of the agreed fee payment method between our institution and you. This information is for the use of Olive Tree Study Support only
As a valued parent at Olive Tree Study Support, it is important for your information to be kept private and confidential at all times.
Parents and children have the following rights in relations to their data:
● To be informed specifically and accurately about how Olive Tree Study Support uses your personal information
● To request access to the personal data the institution holds on you
● To request that your personal information be amended/changed if inaccurate or incomplete
● To request that your personal data be erased where there is no reason for its continued processing
● To object to your personal data being processed
If for any reason you withdraw your child from Olive Tree Study Support, your personal information will be completely deleted from our database in line with the Data Protection Act.